The goal of our program is to develop knowledge and skills in theoretical, computational and application-oriented statistics. We have formulated our learning objectives to achieve this goal.
- Be able to restate an investigative question in terms of a statistical model or algorithm.
- Verbally communicate statistical results clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Successfully relate theoretical concepts to a real-world problem in a written report.
- Demonstrate the ability to find appropriate research literature appropriate to the investigative task.
- Demonstrate that they can carry out a statistical analysis appropriate to the investigative question(s)
- Provide reproducible statistical analyses using accepted practices of the research community
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate statistical results verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.