2023 Department of Statistics & Data Science Commencement Ceremony
Date: Saturday, June 17, 2023
Start time: 7pm
Location: Ackerman Grand Ballroom
This ceremony is for all those graduating with a B.S. in Statistics & Data Science (or Statistics), a B.S. in Data Theory, a Master in Applied Statistics & Data Science (or Statistics), an M.S. in Statistics or a Ph.D. in Statistics. Ceremony participants must have completed all degree requirements or have declared to graduate by Fall 2022, Winter 2023, Spring 2023 or Summer 2023 (by Sept 2023).
Timeline on day of event:
5:30pm: Graduates check-in with Staff in front of Moore Hall and line up
6:30pm: Doors to Ackerman Grand Ballroom open for guest seating
7:00pm: Student Processional line walks in / Doors close / Ceremony Begins (anticipated duration: 1 hour, 45 minutes)
8:45pm (approx.): Post-Ceremony Reception on Wescom Student Terrace (located just outside AGB down one floor)
To participate in the Statistics and Data Science Departmental Commencement, TWO steps are required:
- RSVP with the Department HERE. Deadline to Register: May 26
- Reserve your student ticket and guest tickets on MyUCLA between noon on May 12 and 11:59pm on May 26.
Both steps above are MANDATORY to participate in this event.
- Each graduate may get 1 student ticket, 3 guest tickets and 1 waitlist guest ticket.
- Tickets are emailed directly to the graduate’s official UCLA email address. Physical tickets will not be issued nor required.
- The first 4 Guest tickets are free. Space permitting, additional tickets (5th and beyond) may be issued on a case-by-case basis at the University rate of $20 per ticket. More information on these extra tickets will be provided after 5/26.
- Please reserve only the number of tickets that are needed and no more. We will prioritize late requests from those who did not yet claim all four of their initial guest tickets in case plans change and more are needed.
The document available here is a checklist. It is a useful resource if you will be graduating from our department and participating in one of the ceremonies.